You don’t actually have to raise your glass. I’ll raise everyone’s glass! I don’t have enough words to convey the triumph and excitement I feel at the end of this term. After having final grades officially entered today, I’m proud to say I made Dean’s List for only the second time of my college career, and damn does it feel good. The first time was at the end of my freshman year, in spring term. The time in between that term and this one has been substantial, and goodness knows I’ve been through a lot and learned a lot about myself in the process. But what fitting bookends to my college career. I have one more term to see if the third time can be a charm, which I really hope it will be. But I’m just overjoyed at the fact that I was able to achieve this even once more, before graduating. The fact that it comes during a heavy, 18-credit term is just cherry on the already-iced cake 😀
Amongst the thousands of thoughts rolling around in my head, from post-bac applications to job search to annoying romantic issues, this was really the best pick-me-up ever. I’m really proud of myself for getting through this term and remaining consistent throughout. Normally I start out pretty crappy and have to save myself at the end, at least in one class, but this term that feeling was pretty minimal. While I had plenty of stress from week to week (hell, day to day is more like it), I really enjoyed this term. It never ceases to amaze me just how much can happen in the span of 10 weeks. It always seems like such a short amount of time, but then seems to take on it’s own weird time-dimension once the term gets going. Each week is literally a new kind of adventure. I have one more term to really fully enjoy and get the most out of, and I’m hoping it’ll be fun. This was a great way to end the fall term and give me a positive outlook on my last ever winter term.
Now I feel (even more) completely justified in spending my break eating, sleeping, and essentially fluffing off for a bit 😉
10 Random Thoughts on the week so far, and it’s only Monday evening.
- Can’t believe my toughest exam is over! The exam that came too fast and had me stressed and unable to eat all weekend came and went quickly. It was quick and mostly (I hope) painless, and before I knew it, the class was over.
- I’m on my way to finishing up my second-to-last term of undergrad. Ever. FREAKY.
- I hate bitches who screw with nice guys and turn them into awful people who then hurt nice girls.
- I hate falling for a good friend.
- Said friend is now in the hospital for a “surprise” appendectomy. I want to just stay through the whole day, through all visiting hours and then some >.< But I can’t, because that would be weird. Right? Right.
- I seriously hate ethics papers. Next time, Temple grad student, learn that 10 week terms is not equivalent to your 15 week semesters. Handing us 3 paper topics in the span of 2 weeks is not helpful at all. Especially when one of those weeks is finals week.
- I love Anastasia beyond belief. One of my best friends got me the movie for my birthday, and I seriously just could go on forever about how much I love it. But I won’t (right now), in the hopes of actually getting work done (ha).
- I love the picture above probably more than is healthy.
- It’s harder to let go than I thought it would be (isn’t it always?).
- DECEMBER is here! ❤ I know it’s been here for five days, but I didn’t get to do my requisite post on it. So here’s hoping for some wonderful winter-ness coming our way 😀
Back to Chinese food and this godforsaken paper. And dear sick roommate, feel better soon!!!
I spent a good 2 hours of my day creating the new photostrip you see on the side of my blog now. And I’m damn proud of it 😀 Despite the triviality of this little marvel, I’m uberly happy that I finally accomplished this. My previous background was created by none other than my fabulous roommate, who also blogs her awesomeness over at Looking Through the Test Tube Glass. She has been blogging far longer than I have about her creative crafts, adventures, and of course, the glue that binds us together, science 🙂
But yes, two hours of my day was spent creating the new background simply because I realized I didn’t want to just blog about medical or science-related topics, but basically anything and everything. And I’m enjoying it so much. I already had several non-sciencey posts, so I wanted to change my background a bit to reflect that. I’m so easily pleased…it’s quite sad. Yet I’m also a perfectionist to a fault when it comes to some things, so of course I had to get the thing just the way I wanted it. Then there was the matter of figuring out how to position it, etc, so it wouldn’t block out my text and all that other stuff.
Anywho, I finally figured it out, and I’m happy with the result. It’s a small change, but one that makes me happy because I managed to do it myself. It feels much better. Though you can expect some minor tweaking in the coming days, I’m sure 😉 To quote Zombieland, one of the most awesome movies ever:
Rule #32 – Enjoy the little things.
The badassness that is Tallahassee (Woody Harrelson).